Oxford Circus

Monday, December 20, 2010

Week 5 Barcelona

I've had a great past couple of weeks.  Barcelona was super awesome.  It is a gorgeous city and I met lot of people and talked lots of Spanish!  I even bought a book in Spanish (I've been reading the Harry Potter books - thanks a lot Paige! - and I can't put them down!  So, I finished book 2 while in Barcelona, so I bought book 3 in Spanish!  Now I'm already half way through #4!).

I think I'll let the photos do the talking.  I apologize for the huge number of photos, but there's just so much to see!

A random street at night (near La Rambla).  On Dec 6, 8 and 12th, there are some sort of holidays in Spain, so people were out in force! 

 My new Italian friends, Nello and Marco Antonio

This bull ring is being made into a mall (though it's taking years and years) because bull fighting is now illegal in Catalonia.  Ole!!

A dragon on La Rambla

Me and the oldies hangin' in the boulevard park.  Notice the roses behind me? 

A typical lunch spot in a 'plaza' somewhere.  This restaurant was responsible for the worst garlic breath I've had in 11 years.  Patatas alioli.

The Barcelona post office. A little nicer than Vancouver's!

A large man in a funky outfit.

I don't say about this building.  It's a tad phallic.

Tibidabo.  This place has the most amazing 360 degree view of Barclona and the countryside surrounding it.  However, my camera ran out of batteries after taking my first picture, which is below:

The church at Tibidabo.  The first and last picture taken there!  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarg!

I've run out of time to finish this section.  But I will continue it after returning from Germany.  I'm leaving tomorrow, (Dec 21) IF my flight isn't canceled - there have been steady cancelations since snow fell 3 days ago!!  I'll be hanging out with Mette Table in Berlin and then going to her parent's place for Christmas.  Yay!  Mulled wine here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment