Oxford Circus

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Week 4 3/4: another delay

Once again, my efforts to get to Seville have been thwarted!  This time by striking air-traffic controllers in Spain!!  So, I arrived at Gatwick this afternoon to mayhem at the airport with hords of Spaniards (and Portuguese) and me surprised that our flights had been cancelled (thanks Ryanair for the 2 hour warning!).  So, I called up my 3rd cousin Rachel who lives near Gatwick airport and she, Paul and their very cute 6 year-old daughter Sandy, kindly picked me up and brought me to their place!  So, here I am in Sharpthorne for the weekend and going straight to Barcelona on Monday morning.  I'll have to go to Seville another time to see my Spanish buddies.  I must ammend my previous comment about "a few inches of snow" because they actually received 18 inches of snow in a very short period of time.  Paul said that there have only been 2 other times in his 45++ years that there has been this much snow in England! 


Near Gatwick airport on December 2, 2010

Pictures of the family, village and cats to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment