Oxford Circus

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Week 4

The absolute highlight of this week was seeing A-Ha in concert.  They have been touring for 3 years, and Saturday was their last show ever before splitting up the band (other than at home in Oslo), so they were quite nostalgic!  I got a great video of them singing, but the file seems to be too big to download onto my iPhoto.  If anyone knows how to do it, please e-mail me!

Me, Sarah and Sam at A-Ha.  We're clearly not having fun!





I hung out one day with my London family, pictured below:

Me and Edwin

Linda and Gillian

Gillian and I

The Portobello Road Market in Notting Hill was very very busy.  I admit that I bought a few things there!   The streets are very beautiful on the way - it is a 25 minute walk from my place.

 Portobello Road Market in Notting Hill

A street in Notting Hill

I also did a bit more sightseeing:

Near Tower Bridge

Tower of London

Tower Bridge

Shlomit and I went to see Pricilla in the cheap seats.  It was amazing, but I will pay more next time to have a full view of the stage!  Who designed that ridiculous theatre!?

I took a CPR course yesterday in preparation for working.  Tomorrow I'm off to Spain and France for a couple of weeks, so I likely won't write in the blog until I'm back on December 14th.  Hopefully Gatwick airport will be open tomorrow... this country shuts down if there's a few inches of snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment