Oxford Circus

Friday, December 3, 2010

Week 4½ - delay

Well, it appears that this country doesn't know what to do when it snows.  Gatwick airport has been closed for most flights for the past several days!!  So, I have not gone to Seville yet.  I've rebooked for Dec. 4th, and hopefully they'll figure out how to move snow from one spot to another by then!

In the mean time, I did some walking around yesterday:

Big Ben and British parliament

 Parliament

Parliament
Westminster Abbey

 Taken from a bridge in St. James Park

 Buckingham Palace

 The Guard

A cool looking church near Victoria Square 

Trafalgar Square.  I had a nice chat with a Chabbadnik.  He gave me a Chanukia, so Paige had her first Chanukah experience last night.  I sang her every Chanukah song I know!

I also spent a good long time in the Portrait Museum.  It's so impossible to get through those museums.  maybe today I'll go to the National Museum (it is directly behind me in the photo above, and beside the Portrait Museum).  

I can't get away!!  I am shocked at how many Starbucks's there are in London.  
It's almost as bad as Vancouver!  

This is a big chain of "fast food" restaurants.  It's my favorite place to eat lunch.  I'll take a picture of the food inside so you have an idea of what it's like.  I had an avocado, chicken, pesto, basil and lettuce sandwich on some yummy whole grain bread yesterday for 3 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment