Oxford Circus

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Week 2 continued... Scotland

Dundee, you say?!  Yes, that's where I went, to visit my old friend Jesse.  She and Herman live in a beautiful house overlooking the Tai river.  Unfortunately I had a full blown cold at this point, but it didn't really stop me from doing anything... I just grossed everyone out with constant juicy nose blowing!  Dundee is quite a cute place.  Jesse and I went to Scone Palace one day.  Then Paige joined us on Sunday and we visited St Andrew's which was super beautiful (the ruins of the cathedral were very impressive) and we had incredible scones (though no clotted cream - which I have had since.  It is delicious but also a bit nauseating.)

Paige and I took the train to Edinburgh on Monday morning.  We did 2 walking tours; one above ground and the other underground (many of Edinburgh's old streets, or "Closes" were covered by construction of newer buildings, but some of the closes are still there underground).  We also had high tea at the top of the National Museum of Scotland.  It really is a very beautiful and interesting city.  In the evening, despite being tired (and sick in my case), we went to an amateur comedy night, which was quite hilarious.  We arrived back in London on Tuesday night.  

That's it for now.  Stay tuned for the next installment!  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment