Oxford Circus

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Week 1

I must apologize to everyone for taking so long to write an entry.  I will try to sum u the past two and a half weeks, starting with week 1.

I arrived in London on November 1st, at 8am.  I made a friend on the airplane (Paul from Manchester) which was a nice way to start off!  I stayed with Edwin, Linda and Gillian in Pinner (a suburb of London) where I very much enjoyed their company and hospitality.  I was invited to their "Black and White" formal dinner event to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of their synagogue, which was lovely.  They have a very interesting situation at that shul, where the Rabbi commutes about once a month from Israel!

My first week was a bit difficult because I've run into a few barriers to working.  I am not sure if i will be able to work (as a Speech-Language Pathologist) while I'm here.  I'll keep you all posted if there are any developments on that front.  The week was spent wading through red tape, doing a bit of sight-seeing in London, and dealing with some stuff at my work in Richmond (I'm glad I'm on leave right now!).

I made another new friend (Paige, an ex-pat from Toronto) through another friend (Jesse Y, who I went to high-school with and now lives in Dundee, Scotland!).

No comments:

Post a Comment